The Project Management Professional (PMP)® is the most globally-recognized and independently validated credential for project managers, perfect if you have required experience and knowledge in leading project teams.
Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential:
- Covers PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®)
- Touted most popular in the world.
- Available immediately, uniform, PMI® Certification department has ISO 9001 quality certificate.
- Some say it establishes a medium level of competence.
- Compare to Project+ and IPMA.
Requires 4500h (2.25y) of work in PM (if you have BS degree), 35h of PM education, 200-question exam, must answer 68.5% correctly. Areas:
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Process groups: initiation, planning, execution, control, closing, and professional responsibility.
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Knowledge areas: integration, scope, time, cost, quality, risk, human resources, procurement, communications.
The detailed Requirements for PMP Certification are in The official PMI® Certification Website
Some other relevant links which will be helpful in getting more information about the PMP Certification Exams :
- PMP Certification Exam Home Page
- Eligibility requirements and examination process information
- Examination Fee Structure
- PMI® Code of Ethics and professional conduct
- link to Application Process for PMP Certification Exam
- Sample Questions and Answers
- Exam Locations and Scheduling Information
PMP Certification Benefits
- Provides professional/personal recognition
- Expedites professional advancement
- Creates job growth/opportunities within an organization
- Provides framework for standardized project management requirements
- Increases employee’s value to the organization
- PMP is truly a global certification
The Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential has been named No. 4 in CertCities.com’s 10 Hottest Certifications for 2006. The winners were announced Wednesday, 14 December 2005 on CertCities.com.
During 2005, PMI has experienced an extraordinary increase in the number of practitioners taking the PMP examination, resulting in 86,925 PMPs being certified during this 12 month period. Globally, there are 181,281 PMPs who have received the credential as of 31 December 2005.
The Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) (Web site: http://www.aipm.com.au/ has adopted the PMBOK as have Standards Australia. The AIPM certification process is called Registered Project Manager (RegPM) and required supervision of a paid mentor over a period of time or compilation of a record of evidence.
Powered by Facebook Comments