The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a good entry-level certification if you’re new to project management, or still figuring out your career path. However, note CAPM is not widely used referred to in job ads. But if you complete CAPM it would demonstrate a commitment to the project management discipline which should be seen as a positive to any potential employers.
The key requirements for CAPM®Certification are mentioned below :
- For a person holding a minimum of a high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent.
- Work Experience : Minimum of 1500 hours of team project management experience.
- Formal Education : Minimum 23 contact hours of project management education.
Here is the full requirement for the CAPM:
- Number of questions: 150
- Question type: Multiple-choice
- Time allowed: 3 hours
- Educational background: High school diploma, or global equivalent
- Required project management experience: 1500 hours of work on a project team, or 23 hours of project management education
- Project management education: not needed
- Exam Fee: $225.00 for PMI members and $300.00 for non-members
- Maintenance Requirement: Re-exam after 5 years
The CAPM exam is split into areas with a candidate expected to answer questions in each area:
- Project Management Framework 4%
- Project Life Cycle and Organisation 4%
- Project Management Processes 11%
- Project Integration Management 11%
- Project Scope Management 11%
- Project Time Management 11%
- Project Cost Management 9%
- Project Quality Management 7%
- Project Human Resources Management 7%
- Project Communications Management 7%
- Project Risk Management 11%
- Project Procurement Management 7%
You can expect a lot of direct questions related to process input, tools and outputs.
Please note : The Contact Hours of Project Management Instruction can be provided by PM education provider; particularly if they are a PMI® approved Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
The detailed Requirements for CAPM Certification are in the official CAPM Certification Website
For further information about PMI®, PMP and CAPM Certifications, please visit the Official PMI® document®
Powered by Facebook Comments