Are you wondering where you could get information regarding soar panel installation. There are certain things which you should keep in mind before the installation process. These include the following.
Before talking to a professional solar panel installation company make sure you have an Energy performance certificate for your property. Also when you request a quote for solar panel installation you would need to hire a professional accredited surveyor to inspect your home.
- The surveyor would measure the dimensions, inclination and the amount of shade on the roof.
- Based on these above mentioned information the surveyor would present you with a quote. This would be estimate of the money which you would spend and how much of it would you recover in the long run.
- He would also assess the amount of weight of the solar panels the roof would be able to bear.
- Also take a look at the electrical specifications
Basic steps to solar power installation
The following are a few steps which would involve solar power installation
- If your home is ore then a storey high, roof scaffolding would be put up for easy access to the roof.
- Roof hooks would be attached to the rafters. It might be necessary to remove a few tiles from the roof. Waterproof flashing would be applied on the roof to prevent any water from leaking.
- The frames are then attached to the hooks. These are the frames on which the panels would be mounted. These are attached to the roof with the help of clamps.
- The panels are then connected to the inverter. Solar panels have a DC output which when connected to the inverter change to AC and can be used by all the electrical appliances in your property. The AC output is connected to the electric supply in your home.
- Last but not the least is a connection to the electricity grid. The installer would work in proximity with the electric company within your area.
- Lastly a final electricity check would be carried out by the installed to ensure that everything is in working order.
- You would then be provided with all the necessary documentation. These would include manuals, warranties and all the installation information you would need.
Once the panels have been installed it should be kept in mind, the weather and the certain factors would impact the performance. All the panels on the grid are connected, even if one of the panels receive less energy it will have an impact on the performance of the entire system. In order to ensure the best outcome, it’s necessary that there should be literally little to no shade coverage on your roof. Though solar panels can be installed at any angle, but the best results can be obtained from a roof with a thirty degree incline.
Roofs which face south receive the optimal amount of sunlight. For someone with a roof facing east west, it’s necessary to have solar collectors on each side of the roof to ensure maximum solar energy collection.
For more information on solar panel installation contact a specialised company in your local area.