Do you have hard wood flooring in your home? Let’s admit it, hard wood floors are easy to maintain and clean, plus they also look aesthetically appealing. Hardwood floors can last a long time and are usually maintenance free. However, over a period of time hardwood floors tend to become dull. These lose their shine and may not look as clean or shiny as before. You could try floor sanding.
Sanding is the process whereby a machine is sued to remove the outer layer of the wood. The aim is to make the floor become smoother and get rid of any cracks or grooves. It is usually done with the help of a machine and can be completed in a few hours only depending upon the size of the floor which require sanding.
There are quite a few advantages of sanding your floors. Some of these include
- Floor sanding can add an instant zing to old and boring looking floors. It can make them look as god as new in no time. Floors tend to become tainted and scratched over a period of time, mainly due to increased traffic over them. Sanding can actually help improve the quality of the floor. Floors start looking sleeker and more attractive.
- It can help your room much brighter. In fact it can actually do wonders for the lightening in a room. Newly sanded floors tend to be shinier and look more beautiful. The light when it reflects on the floor, is reflected back much brighter. Since there is now proper lighting in the room, it can make your home look more aesthetically appealing. Thus you can even plan to switch off a lamp shade or two and save up on those mounting utility bills as well.
- It can be a great base for adding another stain or varnish to your floor. It’s a known fact that in order to ensure that the stain or varnish settles in professionally, sanding is usually the first step. This makes for an improved stain and one which can last longer than usual.
- Sanding a wooden floor can make it smoother and can also reveal the inner grain patterns present in the wood.
- Over time hard wood floors can develop cracks and grooves. Dirt and grime start settling into those grooves making it difficult to keep the floors looking clean. This adds to the decrepit look and can make your home look old as well.
- Since old floors collect more dust it becomes necessary to sweep the floors on a daily basis. This is something which surely isn’t possible.
- When floors are sanded properly they tend to be smoother thereby collecting less dust. This makes the floor easy to maintain and just an occasional sweep would work just as well.
Sanding is what actually makes a great deal of difference between a good flooring and an excellent flooring. For more information on floor sanding in Maryborough, Gympie & Sunshine Coast – make sure you contact a local business.